Share This Article
Healthcare is one of the biggest and fastest-growing sectors in the world, especially after the COVID-19 pandemic. Gaining access to healthcare-related information on time has become the top priority for every user. As a provider, it’s your responsibility to deliver meaningful information to your patients as answers to their health-related questions.
With a powerful digital marketing strategy in place, you can attract, retain, engage, and educate your old and new patients alike.
Not convinced still? In this article, we share the recent eye-catching healthcare digital marketing statistics to show how digital marketing plays a crucial role in elevating your online presence in a competitive landscape.
- A minimum of 100 billion searches related to healthcare are performed on Google every year. That comes to 273 million searches per day and 70,000 per minute, every day
- Online search drives 3X more visitors to provider websites compared to non-search
- 7% of all Google searches are healthcare-based
- 83% of Americans will obtain health-related information from the internet
- Patients who scheduled appointments performed 3X more searches compared to those who didn’t
- 8% of US patients use search engines to find a care provider
- 71% of patients will opt for another provider if there is not enough information about your practice on the website
- 66% of users prefer Google for information about medical problems
- 60% of patients check whether the clinic has a website before deciding to book an appointment
- 53% of the website visits come from a phone. Hence it’s mandatory to have a responsive design
- 89% of patients use online reviews to assess providers
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as recommendations
- Just 1-6 online reviews are enough for patients to form an opinion about your practice
- SEO-related leads get converted to patients at a 14.6% close rate compared to other forms of marketing
- For every dollar spent on email marketing, you can expect an ROI of $42
- The average open rate for healthcare-related emails was 21.5%
- The click-through rate for healthcare-related emails was 2.7%
- The unsubscribe rate for email sends come to 0.21%
- The average hard bounce rate comes to 0.3% while soft bounces come to 0.4%
- Approximately 90% of US adults search for health information on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites
- Among these patients, 42% seek provider reviews, 32% shares health experiences of family and friends, and 24% view media related to health
- 75% of Americans research their health symptoms via social media
- 16% share health-related images or videos and 28% of health conversations take place on Facebook supporting a health-related cause
- 40% of patients reported that social media has influenced their health-related decisions
- 41% of people reported that social media influenced their choice of providers
- The total global healthcare ad spend in the year 2021 was $20.1 billion. Zenithmedia forecasts that it will grow to $22.7 billion in 2023.
- The average cost for a lead in 2022 is $286, whereas it was only $209 in 2021
- TheUS healthcare advertising market is projected to see a CAGR of 6.10% from 2021 to 2026
- Healthcare marketers pay an average of $3.17 a click to beat out the competition.
- 76% of healthcare facilities use Google AdWords, and 77% of healthcare facilities are using Facebook ads
- 63% of people choose providers next to their homes.
- Generate 3X the number of leads using a content marketing strategywhile it costs only 62% less than other marketing strategies.
Create a data-driven digital marketing strategy
Hopefully, this list of statistics has educated you about the role of digital marketing in the healthcare industry.
Whether it’s investing in the social media marketing or SEO for improving traffic, make sure to incorporate one new strategy into your marketing plan every month.
Should you need an expert to execute your digital marketing strategy for you, consider partnering with HealthSoul. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn how we can help you improve your digital presence and patient volume.